Friday, May 4, 2007

Yup, Completely Nuts.

So herein lies the truth: I am a hair nut. Don't believe me? Just ask Belle. She'll knod her head vigorously and say "Uh-huh." What is the deffinition of a "hair nut"? A person who loves long hair. If you say, "I have long hair", and it might come to your shoulders: HA! Think again. "Oh, it comes to my shoulder blades" Ha! Not yet you don't. "Oh, it's to the small of my back." Ah, now we are getting closer. Hair is officially "long" when it can be tucked into your belt, like the dwarves' beards in The Hobbit.

Yes yes yes, all you ladies are rolling your eyes, and Jak is at this very moment saying "Oh, good grief" . (Yes, I am reading over your shoulder) No, hair is not long untill it is completely in your way. But we like it that way. Why? Because there is nothing entirely as awesome as long hair. However there is one caveat: it must be neat and clean. Nothing worse than dirty, ratty hair. The transformation from Glam Queen to Indigent Queen can be a very sudden and unexpected occurance. Also, I am willing to sacrifice length, for tidyness. Even though the locks might be clean, there is just something about scraggly ends that just seem to ruin everything. A nice clip-clip with a scissors every once in a while is a deffinite must.

"But it's such a hassel." I hear this often. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Good things take effort, and besides But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. That's 1st Corinthians 11:15 if you were wondering. And besides that, trying doing this with short hair:
Totally awesome, huh. And that's just the tip of the Iceberg! HuHah!
So, you have to check out this sight LongLocks it will tell you how to grow long hair and how to keep it long and then you have to go to The Braided Image . It's awesome! Bookmark them both. Oh, and please forgive the classical paintings. I didn't design the sight.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

*Screams* you really were reading over my shoulder!!! That is EXACTLY what I was thinking...

I feel like whats-her-name in Bourne Supremacy... "Get some rest Pam, you look tired."

Haha

Big brother is watching....

Rebecca said...

p.s. Tyson should have specified that he meant he likes long hair on WOMEN. That's really what he meant. So, don't freak out if you think he's trying to grow a ponytail.

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

*sigh*"Thank goodness" I was worried there for a bit.

So Tyson am I sort-of in your favor? My hair is to the middle of my back, it was longer but I asked Becca, (yes Rebecca) to cut off the split ends so it would all be the same length. Now it's about the same as Susan P.'s in LWW after they get to the camp. So tell me, is that long???

I actually also have a lot to say on this subject because a good friend of mine has really long hair because it's a doctrine of her church. (You can see a picture of my friend's hair at my blog.) We've had looooooong discussions about it. I don't think it's a bad idea except with her church it seems they look at ladies with short hair and automatically think, "They must not be Christian." Which I think is judgmental. They also have their ladies where hats to church...

I met the girl who has the longest hair in my friend's church the other day... it was silky blond and to her ankles, very pretty.

So I partly, but only partly, agree with you. Long hair is gorgeous when taken proper care of. But it should not be a necessity to being a good Christian.

Just my 0.02.

Lydia

Anonymous said...

*Debbie rushes up to see what all the screaming and sighing is about*
Yes Tyson it probably would have saved Lydia some years of her life if you had specified WHO'S hair you were talking about.
I love long hair! I'm growing mine out but I haven't reached Lyd's or Lilly's lengths yet:-)
Great site!
Deb

Erica said...

Well, my hair's curly, but it's not long. I've wanted to grow it out, and yet, I love my curls, and I don't want them to get pulled down with the weight. But I have let it grow several inches since I got it cut. This is pretty much what my hair looks like now, only a little longer.

You all are pretty funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying Becca...I was kinda worried for awhile there :D
Well, Tyson, I was thinking of growing out my hair, but it gets so so many split ends. I actually think I am going to chop it all (ok, not all ) off so that I can try and work with it and not get so many split ends. Then, THEN, I think I might grow it out. So after while, yes, I think I'll have pretty long hair. Long hair is beautiful.

Mac said...

I like long hair too! I like my hair long, although right this minute it's not quite what Tyson would call "long".
Long hair is a bit of work definitely! But if you're used to it it's just normal. I love doing long hair! My babies (baby girls that is:)) will definitely have as long of hair as they can grow and look good! Such fun! and so beautiful! Ty's right though, you have to take care of it and you have to keep it neat! If not, PLEASE cute it!

Anonymous said...

Sooo... I guess I might as well comment too! :-) I am working on the growing-out process, but am having to fight the temptation to chop at it for all the split ends. As a hairdresser, I am very much aware of how much they make an otherwise lovely head of hair dull and something like the texture of straw. Like you said, Tyson, a little 'snip-snip' with the shears helps a whole lot in that case.
I agree with Susie too - if you're used to it, it's just normal. Work, yes, but normal, everyday work. And it is SO fun to work with! When Elisa hair is long enough, I have a feeling she'll have a few braiding experiments done with it...I haven't looked at that link yet, but it's always fun to find new ideas for hairstyles.