Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Yeah-Huh, Still Nuts

I am rubbing my hands together in glee, like old man Burns. "Eeeeexcellent"

Firstly let me state that I think that making the length of hair a religious tenet is, well, wrong. Borders on religious bondage. Kinda like burkhas. Length of hair is definitely not an indicator of righteousness. There are a lot of dope smoking hippies who are travelling the road to hell with long flowing tresses. But then also, if it gets the hair grown, well, who am I to condemn it. Ha.

Now JakJak would prove true to her calling, as my Arch Nemeses, and rain on my parade! How? By telling everyone that I didn't mean guys also. Oh, all right, I didn't even think about saying that, because, with me, well, that's a given and I forgot about the constraints of the medium. Now, certainly there is no "commandment" against men having long hair, but there are numerous admonitions against it. Paul says in the same passage that I quoted previously that nature itself has shone us that it is a shame for men to have long hair. I don't claim to understand this. But I agree with it. Why would a dude want to look like a chick? Rebellion. Everyone has to grow up sometime. Well, sort of. Okay, "Grow Out" of those childishly rebellious things. I saw this bumper sticker "Growing old is Inevitable. Growing Up Is Optional"

Now I get to play the complete hypocrite: I also like short hair. But not what you're thinking. I like really short hair, and yes I am talking about women. The kind that is just long enough to pin over with a barrette or a bobby pin or part down the side. I know, I know. "Yuuuuck!" Sorry, I just like it. But, not every girl can pull it off. Let me illustrate:
This is Elisabeth Gracen, she's an actress from a now defunct series. I always thought she pulled it off quite nicely, especially when she used to have hair all the way down her back (I tried to find that picture of her but failed miserably.) Maybe it was just the sword that she swung around every episode. Mentioning the sword, maybe that was why the series failed: the prop master did a lousy job. Note how the handle on her sword leans into her face, as apposed to staying true with the blade. Sorry. Tangent.

There was a woman locally, who was a little on the heavy side and she had long hair and she just looked awful. Now, I know, you're all in an uproar, but let me finish. She cut all her hair off, not as short as the picture above, and it made all the difference in the world. Nothing else changed, but it "cleaned" her up. Long hair was sacrificed for "cleanliness."

So, Ladies, you can sleep peacefully tonight. No matter how long your hair is, I don't think anymore or less of you: unless you do something so completely drastic with it that defies all logic, ergo, cutting off length for no reason, etc. etc.. I suppose the difference of my tastes can be summed up this way: Long hair is AWESOME, and short hair done tastefully, is cool. Oh, and I must add one final thought that I have been trying to communicate to Belle: braids on older women (any age over 18) are STILL cute. They DO NOT make you look like a child. They may make you feel like a child, but is that really such a bad thing?

5 comments:

Erica said...

I wear braids occasionally. Oh, wait, I'm not over 18. Okay, my sis wears braids very occasionally, I think, and she looks GREAT! Braids are very good; I like them.

I really don't think I could pull off the short-hair thing. Don't even want to try.

Erica

Rebecca said...

You are nuts. Come on. "I love long hair" "I love short hair" in politics they would call you a flip-flopper.
Sorry, but it's true. I'm an annoying little sister. It's my way of getting back at you for freaking me out by reading my mind... still trying to get over that.
I seriously think you may have installed some sort of survelliance cameras in here...

Incomplete said...

I'm not a flip-flopper in the true sense. It just looks that way on TV. Ha! It just goes to prove that I am not a "Long Hair Only" type of guy. I prefer long hair. You can do so many awesome things with long hair. All my girls have, well, um, we shall say growing hair, and I only have control over two of them. The Midget's hair, by the way, is wavy awesome if I don't say so myself. And Jak, the Ways of the Fly are Very Mysterious. And yes, you are very annoying. Now get out of my room and leave me alone. Mooooooom! Sheeee's botherin' meeeee!

Anonymous said...

I tried the short-hair thing (as short as the picture there) when in college (hair design). I suppose I could've pulled it off but oh, the upkeep! I have seen what you are talking about, how it changes a person's whole look for the better, (and have even given those haircuts to one or two) but if a girl can help it, go for the long hair!

Mac said...

"(He)voted for it before (he) voted against it." *wink wink*