Sunday, October 4, 2009

I AM HERE! Where are you?

I didn't plan on taking the summer off. It just sort of happened.

In May, Belle and I got notice from our Laird's son that we needed to be out by August first. After eight years in that run down little hovel, we had to move on. Of course it was naturally daunting but bearable as it wasn't completely unexpected.

We knew that this was going to be our last summer at the old house, but we never really expected to leave. We kinda hoped that our landlord would say "Yeah, sure Tyson, lets fix this dive up."

After all, it was all we had known. (The year in the one bedroom apartment is barely a memory) My entire family (save one) was within a one block radius, Belle's best friend was three blocks away. How could we leave? I mean, my girls had grown up there, two of the three were born on the living room floor. The older ones where just starting to play with the back yard neighbor kids (and the neighbor kids were actually WANTING to pay with my kids.)

OH JOY! And how could we walk away from this?

Easy. Especially when we didn't have a choice. Okay, it wasn't easy; at least not at first.

But more on that later.

I just wanted to drop a few quick lines and let everyone know that, I AM HERE! And judging from sight meter, some of you have been checking up on me, my own small little mind says "Oh, maybe they miss me!" (Think Giselle's voice)

Well, that's it for now. I am bleary eyed, and it's only ten (and that is p.m. for those who were wondering if I had stayed up all night. Not tonight, only just the last week.)

Hopefully this is me saying "I'M BACK, BAAAAABYYYYY!"