Saturday, March 28, 2009

URGENT! URGENT! URGENT!

Friends! Bloggers! Compatriots! Lend me your eyes!

Today is the return of Earth Hour. We have been admonished, encouraged, Nay I say, Ordered to "Vote Earth" tonight at 8:30 local time, wherever we are, by turning off all of our lights and electrical components for an hour, to reduce the drain upon great Gaia's loving bosom

Stand fast with me my fellow lovers of freedom! My fellow lovers of man and lovers of the mandate to "be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth"!

Draw your swords with me, my brothers, my sisters! Link your shields in mine! Let the spears of righteous truth be set at array! Let us push back against the onslaught of fascist liberal tyranny!

Tonight, at 8 p.m. local time, turn every light you own on. Activate every electric device you posses. And do not stop in your resistance of stupidity until 10 p.m.

In this fashion we shall show the world, the enemy that here, they shall find no sheep, but men! Hold the line, my brothers, my sisters! Like the mighty Spartans and their faithful servants, we too can hold back the millions of public stupidity!

Vote for man! Vote against the promulgators of violence! Vote for the stewardly dominion of the wild and unruly earth!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

O_O

Katie said...

Sorry to disappoint but I will be at a play using up lots of electricity with all the lights and sound...

Incomplete said...

Well, KitKat, that counts!

Katie said...

I meant sorry to disappoint everyone else. ;)

Belle said...

The man wasn't joking. EVERY SINGLE LIGHT in and out of the house was on, the stove was on, the washer and dryer were running, the TV and computer were on... It was weird. I had to keep checking myself because my first impulse on leaving a room was to shut off the light. (I'm very well trained.) It'd be nice to know we did more than just run up our power bill! :)
(She stands by her man...even when he's koooky...)

Incomplete said...

I do declare Anti-Stupidity Two Hour a complete success! From 8-10 p.m. our castle was lit like the crack of dawn!