Sunday, February 24, 2008

At Long Last

I was listening to THE MAN the other day and he read this article on the air written by a columnist named Gary Hubbel and I had to stand up and salute. Finally, someone has had the nerve to write what everyman is really thinking. No apologies. No qualifiers. No pulled punches. I don't know that Angry White Man is the best identifier, but I think that he might be using the current catch phrase that inaccurately describes REAL men. We're frustrated. And often times irritated. And everyday we get out of bed and ask God how we can make a difference in our world today and to give us the strength to do our best and to be brutally honest with ourselves.

I agreed with everything that Mr. Hubbel had to say, with the exception of one line involving a reference to a "blue moon." Check it out: In election 2008, don’t forget Angry White Man.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like that. I'm sort of giggling to myself. It's good. The "Angry White Man" sounds a lot like you...

Miss Alice said...

Good read, Tyson. Thanks.

Miss Alice said...

Forgot to ask: who is THE MAN referred to in the first sentence?

Lady Dvora said...

Intersting...and very true I think

Shannon said...

Miss Alice, If I know my husband, THE MAN is most definitely Rush.

and that was a good article, honey. All but the "blue moon" sentence. :)

marmaladeinstead said...

Tyson--I sent you an email. I just wanted to give you a heads-up, in case it got caught in your spam folder, or something. :) Okay? Thanks. :)

Rebecca said...

I tagged you!! visit my blog for details!

Mac said...

I tagged you! Check my blog for details :)