Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oh, For Updates Sake!

I am glad for the response that I have gotten from my last post. The review process is fully operational.

Kristi: please speak your mind at all times. Kuz: ramble all you want. The journey is a joy of its own. Goils, thanks for the links.

When I had written the last post, it was originally twice the size that it ended up being. I had included a paragraph on Tolkien and one on Lewis and had started on a third: the summation of my thoughts. But I realized that all of that didn't have anything to do with my initial thought: Doug Phillips' Harry Potter and the Lavender Brigade. And I accidentally erased the last half. No worries.

See, I like to write, and I have this story in my head, actually two, that I want to write but I have been wrestling with them because they are "fantastic." I did not know how I could write these stories and have them glorify God, or at the least not be in opposition to righteousness. Mr. Phillips' article settled my immediate dilemma: as long as God is God in what ever little "universe" I create, and sin is sin and evil is evil and good is good, then there is no confusion, everything will be alright. Does that mean that there are not other issues that I have to work out? No. There are and will be, but they can be resolved. Does that mean that everyone will love my stories? Prob'ly not. I'm not naively foolish, at least about that.

Regarding Tolkien, and the recent movies: I intend to post "What Incomplete Thinks about J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings" This may take some time because my schedule is CRAZY . . . and I may have a lot to say. Who knows.

Thanks Guys.

Oh, by the way, I've updated SC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update!! I can't wait to read your next posts!!
~Nack

Rebecca said...

Fantastic!!! Can't wait to read your stories. Do send them this way as soon as you can... I read rough drafts, too :-) You've read mine....

I'm heading right over to SC!!!!

Katie said...

Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing what you think. I shall be patient though...

And I posted on SC :) for what it was worth...