Thursday, March 1, 2007

"Bring on the rain"


There's a song that goes "Bring on the rain. I'm not gonna let it get me down, I'm not gonna cry, I might be barely breathin' but I'm still alive. Tomorrow's another day and I am thirsty any way, so bring on the rain."

Well, that's what Thursday was like. We got a call just after 8 a.m. from Belle's mother and we learned that her mother, Belle's grandmother, had passed away just that morning. Well, on top of that, Belle had to take her sister to the doctor to finally find out was was physically wrong with her. She's been sick for a couple of weeks with no accurate diagnosis. They came back with one and it was just strep. As lousy as that is, it's the prefer ed of the other names of noxious diseases that they were bandying about. So, she has to take it easy for a while. Pray for God's Devine provision for her. But after Belle got home from the hospital, her cat finally came home. He was an indoor outdoor kinda beasty (I called him Bates) that liked to disappear for days on end. Well, he was at the back door, yowling something horrible and he wouldn't even move when I opened the storm door, it just kinda scraped over the top of him and when I picked him up he just went limp. So, I set him on his chair (which is really mine) and he didn't move for the next hour. That is until he died. We think he must have gotten into some anti-freeze or ate a de-conned mouse or something. So, it really rained on Thursday. Belle's grandma dies, and then her sister is crazy sick, and on top of all that, her cat dies. But the good news is, Belle's doing great. We have come through this storm better than when we first entered it.

And on a morbidly curious note, watching the cat die was kinda cool. Not cool that he died, but from a scientific and writers stand point. I have never seen anything die, other than dove or pheasant and those don't really amount to anything. But more on that at another time.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

"I'm not gonna let it get me down... so bring on the rain." Good for you. Hope everything's better now.
Ah, yes, the cat dying... that is morbid. Poor Belle... I don't think she thought it was cool.

Katie said...

Poor souls... those days are terrible. But, thankfully because of God we do come out the better for it.

Miss you guys and girls.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for you :-(
Love you all,
Nack

Rebecca said...

Do you realize you haven't updated your blog in 16 days....?!?!