Saturday, February 24, 2007

Yeah, Whatever

So, my good buddy/little sis/arch nemises finally pestered me into creating a blog. Shows how strong I am. Well, all right, she didn't really make me do it and the truth of the matter is, that despite the fact that I swim outside the mainstream (have been accused of swiming in an entirely different world altogether) I guess that I just wanted to jump on the trendy band wagon while I could. So I could be cool while it was still cool to be cool and not hot when I should really be cool. Huh? Yeah, me too. Actually, I just did this so that I could comment on my friends blogs and not have it be "Anonymous." Jak-Jak was like "if you don't comment on my Blog then I'll never know if anyones even reading it." Well, Jak-Jak, I am reading it, and now, I'm posting on it too!
So what is The After Action Report (AAR - prounced "Arrr!" like a pirate) going to be? I guess maybe some place for me to creatively vent. Kinda like plasma into space, only without the melodrama. "Dum-Dum-Dum" And no, I'm not a StarTrek fan. I'ld like to see StarTrek go up against SG-1 (RDA era). We all know who would be left standing after the dust settled and yes, StarTrek could keep all of their fancy space age gadgets and SG-1 would still come out on top. There are two things that I do like about Startrek and I have, obviously, started using them in my conversation; "Venting plasma" for when things start to get kinda "hairy" and I need to just take a deep breath; and "Scrape Shields" to describe the interpersonal conflicts that sometimes tend to just mysteriously appear without any warning and for absolutely no reason. Of course I'm being sarcastic. As my Daddy always says, "It takes two to tango."
So, we'll just let this thing evolve into what ever it does. (No, I don't believe in Evolution. To be a member of that church is to be a fool) I have a degree in computer programming that I have never used (I have the student loan payments to prove it) and all I know how to use is my Lotus Word Pro and how to play Splinter Cell so this whole blogging thing is going to be a lesson in the learning. So, sorry about the plainness and all those other cheap excuses that nobody wants to hear anyway. "All I have is a pocketfull of excuses, but you don't want to hear them."

7 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I'M THE FIRST PERSON TO COMMENT ON TYSON'S SOON TO BE FAMOUS BLOG! YES!
cheerio,
Lydia
P.s. as a comment: I like the "it takes two to tango" quote. You have the same backround as me. Have you been to my blog?

Rebecca said...

Well, seeing as I am responsible for "pestering" you into creating a blog, I suppose the least I can do is say hi once I'm here. So, HI! I like your blog. Do keep it up!!!!!
your good buddy/little sis/arch nemesis?
Jak

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr. Asbill! Lydia told us that you had a blog :D I'll be looking forward to to reading!
-Laural/Little Red Riding Hood/Merrill Wood

p.s. Congradulations on "pestering" him into a blog Becca! I'm sure we will all benifit :D

Katie said...

Welcome to the blogger world,
Tech support here. If you have any questions concerning html or any blog problems, don't hesitate to give us a call. We are available every evening except Mondays.

Sincerely,
The Tech Support Team (manager)

;)

Katie said...

Dear Sir,
Do not ask me for tech support, or how to spelling anything:) I am glad you have a blog now I like to read anything you write, and keeping up on how you are doing is great. Love ya,
Mac

Katie said...

P.S. that was not Katie :D

DaveWick said...

I'm just glad you offered tech support. Now Ty won't be calling me :)