Sunday, February 25, 2007

Just a little . . .

So, we got a little snow this last couple of weeks. Well, not this last week, stupid stuff has been melting. Now we just slog around in mud almost up to the top of our dress shoes. I went out to the start the cars so we could go to meeting this morning and without fail, I splattered mud on the cuffs of my almost white pants with the first step. "Maaaaan. Co-me O-n!" I've been here since '95 and this is the most snow that we have ever gotten. 16 inches over like three days, As you can see, this incredible model of male masculinity (yes I know it's redundant) is standing in a trench some feet thick. This snap was taken with Belle's Motorolla Razr (it's hot pink). It is just the right degree of ambiguous fuzzy. Of course this was before the troops arrived and we tunneled our way to freedom from the German concentration camps. Yes all of those attrocities did happen, despite what peopel are trying to say today. That was a good time. The tunnelling that is, not the attrocities. I was tired. I dug my neighbors out and then played with the troops for three - four hours. I was tired. Did I mention that I was tired? Now it's just nasty out. Sleating rain, muck everywere. Why can't this place be more like Colorado. God smiled when He made Colorado.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ah, Colorado, those were the good ol' days, huh? Except I heard they got about 2 feet of snow this week?
That's a lot of snow. So, how come you didn't come shovel our driveway when you were done?

Incomplete said...

You know, I would have, but my instantanious molecular transporter was down that weeked. Funny isn't? The one week where I would have been the most useful and my tech is out of order. Hmmm . . .

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Pity...Just when we need you. Though, we have a snow blower, so it wasn't that hard. "God smiled when he made Colorado" *sigh*
Lydia

Katie said...

Yes, God did smile when he made Colorado. But then Man invaded it and I don't want to live there anymore. Besides, they got a LOT of snow this year....
Poor boy, at least you don't have a big driveway to shovel! And the concentration camp would be, what? Being stuck in the house?

Incomplete said...

I know how big your drive is, and I probly had that much, and a little more, that I shoveled. Now, I'm not complaining. I like to shovel snow.