Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fools Get What Fools Deserve . . .Eventually

And we must suffer needlessly with them. But NOT inactively.

It is a good thing that I do not make my living as a political prognosticator. Today, I would be out of a job.

Why did I make the prediction that McCain-Palin would pull it off? Because I believed that common sense and logic would prevail. I had not even begun to understand how far the ideology of IMAGE had metastasized.

Sprite had the greatest overlooked advertising campaign of the 90's: "Image is Nothing . . ."

And when it comes to nothing, no one does it better than Mr. President-Elect Obama.

Two weeks before the election I was feeling good. For the first time I was certain that M-P would win. It was not a sudden epiphanous revelation, but the slow growing warmth of a building fire. I was keeping up with the world on NRO; I was paying attention to the sudden appearance of all of The One's previously suppressed ideas. How he used to sit at the knee of a Communist in Hawaii; how he sought out an unrepentant domestic terrorist to befriend in Chicago; how he had financial dealings with a convicted slum lord whose wife sold him a slice of land from her vacant lot, against local statute, so that a house could never be built on it; how he attended the church services of a black racist for twenty years; how he told Joe the Plumber that he just wanted to spread the wealth around; how he exposed the true reason for becoming the great constitutional scholar he is lauded to be of which there is no evidence: to undermine our founding, binding document; and how he seeks to bankrupt our domestic industries. Ironic that he has stated that he will tax companies that move jobs over-seas and yet he proposes to make it impossible to create jobs here.

I saw all of this information. I thought about it logically. I deduced that there was nothing in the man that qualified him to be CEO of the greatest enterprise in the world. And after encountering others of my opinion I thought: "Ah, there WILL be enough of us, to drag that old grey haired mule across the line ahead of the great black hype."

But I had forgotten that Logic can never win in a conflict with Unchecked Emotion.

The only way that it can prevail in such a fight, is to turn and walk away, or slap the offender silly, in hopes that it will rouse them from their hypnotic stupor. But as they say "I wouldn't hold my breath."

My buddy said that he was going to vote for Obama because he appeared smart. Because he proposed international policies to "repair" our status in the world. What proof was he able to provide of the the alleged intelligence? Sure, he could read a TelePrompter with exceptional skill, but when speaking off of the cuff, he makes Bush seem like a poet laureate. What happened to the papers that all Professors are required to write? Where's his Doctoral thesis? What proof do we have of any real, original intelligence? And our standing in the world? Do Frenchmen spit in your face when you go to the hypermarche? Do Mexicans put their dirty thumbs in your bean soup at the local Hacienda de Tamale? What about what the French President said here last year? Not to mention what he just recently had to say about The messiah. And really, does the bad opinion of someone you don't know three thousand miles away really have any effect on your day-to-day life?

Apparently it does. Even though it doesn't.

So we see that a majority of the nation has ushered in a man who is not qualified to manage a MacWendyKing on Image and Emotion alone.

You've made your bed, now you must lie in it.

Having been wrong before does not prevent me from making another prediction: I believe that the Presidency of Obama will rally the masses from their stupor. When the going gets tough, the tough move to the newly seceded Alaska, under the firm and good direction of President Palin.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

When the going gets tough, the tough move to the newly seceded Alaska, under the firm and good direction of President Palin.

ok. I'll go.

I've had many, many thoughts on this subject since the verdict last night. I don't really feel like writing it all out right now. I'm too worked up from just having finished up hashing it out with a friend online. smoke was rising out of both our keyboards.

Nicky Story said...

Amen - I'll be in Alaska!
Although I wasn't quite as naive as you, I was thoroughly discouraged at how much of a landslide it really was. It is truly the time of Armageddon proportions... I am still a bit foggy how people cannot see the truth about someone when it is so very plain to me! I'm not that quick...
In all reality - what did he have to do - actually kill a child on national TV for people to see who he really is?
Ok - I'm with Becca - too worked up - I'm now praying for us, our nation and our nations leaders - May God have mercy on us!
Thanks for the post Ty!